Before the interview
|Doing some "homework" before actually going to the interview like researching the company and understand what are the company objectives, short-term and long-term goals will definitely help a candidate in his or her interview session later.|
On the interview day
- Solid, muted colours such as black, white, dark blue, brown, grey are generally accepted.
- Business attire: long pants, shirt, tie and jacket for men; long pants or skirt (at least knee-length), blouse and jacket for women.
- Clothes should be clean and neatly ironed. Jewellery and accessories should be minimal and not flashy.
- Shoes should be formal-looking yet comfortable to wear, and also well polished. Flip-flops and sneakers are a definitely no-no, along with extremely high heels.
- Hair should be neatly combed and styled. Avoid dying hair in shocking colours. Men should preferably be cleanly shaved but if they have a moustache or beard, it should be neatly trimmed and groomed.
After the interview
|Funny interview cartoon|